ProptechOS Optimize for KLP
The analysis of energy consumption in the Oslo and Trondheim portfolios identified several hundreds of MWh in potential savings yearly.
Using Optimize, KLP has the possibility to:
- Identify malfunctioning equipment in the buildings such as faulty programming in building management systems, which caused spikes in energy consumption.
- Single out the worst performing buildings in the portfolio, to create a priority list to work from.
- Benchmark current energy usage to historical data to identify patterns in consumption and set strategies for optimization.
Leveraging the digital twins of the buildings, KLP can access a range of best-in-class applications for further use cases such as AI-based optimization and fault detection (FDD), metering, connectivity to the national grid, energy and ESG dashboards for tenants and staff etc.
Potential use cases which KLP can utilize using ProptechOS include
- Connect buildings to the national power grid to off-load the grid at peaks. As a result, KLP could support businesses and other property owners who participate in the market with flexibility.
- Nudging and empowering tenants to lower their energy consumption and get tenants to be a part of energy savings in their buildings by sharing temperature and utilization information with ProptechOS Kiosk mode.
- Reroute energy to mission critical equipment during energy shortages using ProptechOS. This way, KLP is prepared for sudden energy deficits and is able to harness more of their energy by relocating it from systems of less need, even during times of satisfactory energy supply.
With the help of a variety of measures in ProptechOS and Optimize, KLP is better prepared for the coming winter season.